Starting this blog is another big moment in an already life changing year. In June, I married a handsome Brit named James in the beautiful seaside town of Positano in Italy. Now that we are settled as a happily married couple (and free of wedding madness), I have decided to pull the trigger on a goal I’ve had for a long time: start creating a footprint in the creative world. And this blog will be my first step.
To commemorate this moment (and to help you get to know me better) I decided to post a digital time capsule to mark where I was when I started this journey.
So what’s in my time capsule? Here’s a list of things I love that inspire me, spark my creativity or just make me happy:
- UK décor magazines – I travel to the UK quite a bit now that I’m married to a Brit and always make sure to pick up copies of my favorites – Ideal Home, Living, etc., and Style at Home (amongst others). I love to see the many ways Europeans modernize their old and historic spaces.
- My Pinterest pin boards – Pinterest is fantastic. The site is incredibly inspiring and sparks my creativity at every turn. I know it sounds bold, but I simply can’t imagine life without it!
- Bottle of Prosecco – Prosecco became my drink of choice during my last two trips to Italy. It’s wonderful to drink on its own, or I add it to cocktails.
- Riding boots – Riding boots are my all time favorite footwear because they are truly timeless. I know that if I were to actually put my favorite riding boots in a time capsule today, they would be just a chic and current 25 years from now.
- Centsationalgirl.com blog – As newlyweds, my husband and I are in the process of decorating our first place as a married couple. Centsationalgirl has been inspiring and helpful as we update and replace our hand-me-down pieces.
- Positano wedding pictures – The landscape, color and scenery of the Amalfi coast is beautiful and inspiring. It’s also a reminder that if you have the vision and the support of people in your life, you can really achieve anything, even if it is pretty unbelievable.
- Burts Bees Lip Balm – I’m addicted to Burts Bees and its lip cooling sensation. I have tubes stashed all around my house and make sure to have several with me on vacation for fear I may be somewhere foreign where they don’t sell it.
- Sex and the City DVD box set – At least once of year I watch all six seasons plus the movie (the first one, not SATC 2 – yuck!). To this day I still get excited by all the fashion risks those women took and wish I was as daring.
And there you have it – eight items that I don’t think I could live without! 😉 I hope you feel like you know me a little better.
What items would be in your time capsule?