It’s official, pantyhose are making a comeback! It’s been more than a decade since pantyhose were a a staple in every woman’s life.There’s an entire generation of young women that probably couldn’t even name a brand of pantyhose, let alone have worn them. For years now, opaque tights, bare legs (regardless of the temperature), and more recently leggings, have reigned supreme.
When pantyhose went out of style, most women were thrilled. Wearing pantyhose can be a real pain. So who do you have to thank for their return? Many are citing the international trendsetter Kate Middleton or the popular show Mad Men. Regardless of your feelings towards their return, you cant ignore the fact that the women sporting pantyhose lately do look incredibly chic and put together.
Here’s a reminder of some of the perks of wearing pantyhose:
- Liven up dull and pale winter legs
- Minimize imperfections in the skin
- Protect bare legs from the elements
- Control top for a smoother silouette
- Instant ladylike polish
It’s not just flesh tone pantyhose, sheer black has made a comeback as well. Black pantyhose are often a great choice when you don’t want to go bare legged and black/colored opaque tights look too severe. They also are a great way to break up an all black ensemble.
- Buy your size. Nothing looks sloppier than baggy pantyhose.
- Avoid flesh tone colors darker than your current skin tone. You want to liven up your legs, not make them a completely different shade than the rest of your body.
- Thinner is better. The thicker the pantyhose, the more you look like an old woman in support stockings.
- Avoid thigh-highs. Although they look sexy, they can be really hard to keep up.
Are you excited pantyhose are making a comeback? Will you be adding them to your wardrobe?
Images: Ebay, People.com, Wendy’s Lookbook