Three Necklaces Every Woman Should Own

9 Jan

The right jewelry can make the outfit, which is why I believe in owning jewelry for lots of different occasions. Today I want to highlight the three necklaces that every woman should own. These three types are very versatile and can often be worn dressed up or down.

1. BCBG; 2. Banana Republic; 3. Tori Burch; 4. Forever 21; 5. Forever 21; 6. Stella & Dot

The statement necklace is a woman’s chance to really standout and play with color, texture and sparkle. This type of necklace looks great with evening wear and can be worn with a plain tee for a more dressed down look. Make sure to keep earrings simple so they don’t compete with the necklace.

1. Forever 21; 2. Tiffany & Co.; 3. Stella & Dot; 4. Madewell; 5. Kate Spade; 6. Banana Republic

A delicate necklace can be worn every day and completes nearly all types of outfits. Because of the subtly of this type of necklace, it looks great paired with large and more embellished earring.

1. Stella & Dot; 2. Forever 21; 3. Lucky; 4. White House Black Market

Long pendant necklaces are great for layering with other necklaces and accessories, such as scarves. These types of necklaces also look great with large and embellished earrings.

What is your favorite foolproof necklace? I would love to hear what outfits you wear it with.

6 Responses to “Three Necklaces Every Woman Should Own”

1. jaclyn January 9, 2012 at 6:59 pm #

Sweet categories! 🙂 i like to get “earthy” ones to embrace my inner hippie …without the ugly clothes and stench

• allputtogether January 9, 2012 at 7:16 pm #

Thanks Lady! 🙂 I should have my sister make you some of her hemp bracelets – they are really cute.

2. Laura January 9, 2012 at 8:45 pm #

Thanks for letting us know where to buy them. There are a few must haves.

3. Carla Coulson January 10, 2012 at 1:09 am #

Hi Andi…. love all three styles but must admit the delicate chain is me most of the time as i have a sentimental favourite and it doesn’t get in the way when I am working!!!
    I am a fan of layering up though so have a collection.
    Few little must haves in there, thanks Carla x

4. Erika January 10, 2012 at 9:48 am #

This is such a great post! Great tips. Also love they DIY project below..I need to do that.

5. SP January 18, 2012 at 5:39 pm #

I am a HUGE fan of the dangling necklaces, I tend to layer a few together that have slightly different lengths to make a bolder statement! They are nice because some can be used when dressing up while maintaining a slightly edgy vibe that I love so much.