The Holiday season is in full swing and I don’t know about you, but I’m already fighting the urge to overindulge! 🙂 I love this time of year – there are so many great events and parties to attend! And as a guest, it’s important in many cases to bring a small gift for the host.
Giving the standby bottle of wine is fine, however more than likely, many of the other guests have brought a bottle as well. It can be tricky to come up with fun or unique gifts outside the usual flowers, candle or wine. To help you find something more unique this season, I’ve compiled a list of inexpensive hostess gifts that give the impression you thought a bit harder about what you wanted to give.
1. Serving spoons – I received this set as a wedding gift and I love them. If you’re attending a party, the hostess obviously likes to entertain, so it’s always nice to give a little something they can use during a party. (Crate and Barrel)
2. Smoked sea salt – I didn’t even know they made different types of salt until I went to a cooking class this fall. The smokey flavor added so much to the dish and I immediately thought it could be a great gift for someone who loves to cook. (Williams and Sonoma)
3. Flavored olive oils – This would be a great gift to give with a fresh baked baguette for dipping. (Williams and Sonoma)
4. Celebrate – As you may know, I follow everything Middleton – whether it’s Princess Kate or her sister Pippa. This book was written by Pippa and is sure to have some fabulous entertaining ideas. We all want to dress like the sisters, so it’s only logical we would want to entertain like them too! (Amazon)
5. Cloth cocktail napkins – These napkins are not only cute, but eco-friendly. Rather than pitch them at the end of the evening, they can be washed and used again. (Hen House Linens)
6. Cheese serveware – These cute little cheese cutters are great for those entertainers who love a good cheese spread. (CB2)
7. Apron – Aprons are so much more chic now – many (like the one featured above) look like a real dress. A cute apron would be a great gift for a hostess – no one likes to mess up their outfit before guests arrive. (Anthropologie)
Do you have any great hostess gift ideas?