Vintage Find Turned Artwork

20 Feb

Lately, I’ve been watching a ton of picker shows and I am truly amazed at some of the finds. So after an HGTV marathon last week, I called my mom and we decided to go to some of the vintage shops in the area.

I have a few things I have started (or would like to start) collecting: tea cups, large industrial bobbins, letter “A’s” and wooden hat forms. Sadly I didn’t find any of the aforementioned, however I did find a really fun vintage pamphlet on cooking with wine.

I love wine and totally could relate to the over-the-top exuberance the author seemed to had for it. I knew this sentiment would be at home in my kitchen so I framed the pamphlet and placed it on one of the shelves in my kitchen.

What objects do you collect? Do you love the picker shows as much as I do?

xoxo,

Andi

8 Responses to “Vintage Find Turned Artwork”

1. Jamie February 20, 2013 at 4:32 pm #

I love picker shows! I also love flea markets, antique stores, consignment shops, you name it! I’m always on the lookout for anything having to do with Aesop’s fables (prints, old children’s books, dishes, etc), shark or sea monster items, and horse/barn tack items. Seeing as most of that is pretty obscure, I don’t generally find much. However, it doesn’t keep me from looking 🙂

2. Jamie February 20, 2013 at 4:33 pm #

Can’t believe I forgot to mention anything relating to the medical field (especially if it’s vintage). Old diagrams, doctor’s bags, etc. Love that stuff!

• allputtogether February 20, 2013 at 7:17 pm #

I love medical and science stuff too! Have you ever watched the Oddities San Francisco show? James and I went to their shop and it had some awesome stuff! Creepy but awesome!

3. Laura February 21, 2013 at 9:07 am #

Easy and it great!

4. Jaclyn February 21, 2013 at 11:20 am #

Those picker shows are addicting. I’m a fan of “old” books. I have found so many good ones at great prices. The library has sales that i love. I have found beautiful books that i must admit I’ve only bought because I wanted to display the cover. On my giant bookshelf those beautiful books look so good.

• allputtogether February 21, 2013 at 1:19 pm #

I love library book sales too! Sadly, I have run out of space to display books – so when we buy a house, a library is a major priority.

5. jamie February 24, 2013 at 9:44 am #

I love the oddities show! I’ve been to the store Obscura in New York and it was awesome! I’ve never been more tempted to buy taxidermy birds and glass eyes…

• allputtogether February 24, 2013 at 12:34 pm #

I think taxidermy stuff is awesome, but James isn’t quite as keen as me about decorating with it!