This weekend I had my in-laws over for brunch. I love entertaining – any excuse to decorate the table and break out the serving dishes we got as wedding gifts. The theme for Sunday’s brunch was spring. Now I know this theme is a bit lame, however I have been so desperate for bright colors and warm weather I couldn’t wait any longer and decided to bring spring to me. I kept the tablescape simple, however added lots of pops of color for visual interest.
Breakdown of the tablescape:
- Begonias from Trader Joe’s – They have such beautiful and inexpensive flowers.
- Scrapbook paper as placemats – I have a ton of unused scrapbook paper so I decided to select a few pages to brighten up the table.
- Shipping paper – This is my go-to table covering. It adds great texture and is super inexpensive, you can get a roll at your local dollar store.
- Tea cups – I love showing off some of my favorites from my tea cup collection.
- Saucer crackers – Normally crackers are a lot bigger and sold only during the holidays. My mother-in-law brought these cute mini crackers over from the UK. Although they appear small, they packed a pretty big BANG! I startled myself when I pulled the ends, I expected a dainty pop!
So what was on the menu? Quiche, mimosas, fruit, cocktail shrimp, salad and coffee. It was delicious!
How have you brought spring into your home?