Trying the trend: nail art

24 Jul

This past weekend, I finally gave in to the nail art trend. My mom and I went for pedicures at our favorite nail salon and just as our polish was drying, the nail tech asked if I wanted a cute design. My first thought was no, I’ve always been a conservative nail polish wearer (I usually just stick to pink or red), however I changed my mind when I realized it would be a great Instagram moment! 😉

I must say I am now hooked! I have been admiring my toes all week and have started to scour Pinterest for inspiration for my next pedicure. Now I know that most people are jazzing up their fingernails and not toes, however my day job is in finance, so creative toe designs are much more appropriate for the office.

Have you tried the nail art trend? What was your favorite design?

8 Responses to “Trying the trend: nail art”

1. Jen Kim July 24, 2013 at 2:24 pm #

looks gorg! check out some korean or japanese nail art, they get REALLY into it ha…

• allputtogether July 24, 2013 at 2:32 pm #

Thanks! It is amazing how talented some people are at it!

2. cynthiamurdoch July 24, 2013 at 3:11 pm #

When I was teaching I would always notice the creative nails that my students would come up with – they often did it themselves!

• allputtogether July 24, 2013 at 3:16 pm #

Wow! I would not have the patience or steady hand to do it myself!

3. Kate July 26, 2013 at 4:57 pm #

I love your nails! If you are ever looking for a fun design but in a huge hurry, try Sally Hansen Nail Effects: http://sallyhansen.com/products/nails/nail-color/salon-effects-real-nail-polish-strips. I use them all the time, the stripes dry as real nail polish but you apply them as stickers. They are the best!

• allputtogether July 26, 2013 at 7:08 pm #

I just remembered you saying that in NYC! Your toes were so cute that day. It definitely will be cheaper than getting a pedicure all the time! 🙂

4. Jamie July 29, 2013 at 7:57 pm #

my sister’s fiance just bought her this new, magnetic nail polish. how it works is you put it on your nails and then hold a magnet over it and the magnetic particles spread (like magnets do..) and you are left with an awesome snake-scale-looking nail design. I will be trying this soon.

• allputtogether July 29, 2013 at 8:26 pm #

Whoa! That sounds so futuristic! I’m so going to look it up and get some stat!