Fall Fashion Staple – Military Parka

14 Oct

Military-inspired fashion is on trend this season, making the army green parka the must have piece for fall. For the past few months, I have been on the search for the perfect parka – I’m rather petite and most parkas tend to over-power my tiny frame. Finally, one of my many trips to Target resulted in success! I found a coat that fit my body type and to top it off, was also incredibly affordable.

The detailing on this coat is really special – I love the pop of orange on the seams, the distressed gold hardware and the intricate stitching on the pockets and elbows. Paired with a basic white tee and leopard flats and you have an edgy, yet feminine outfit, perfect for hitting up the local farmer’s market (not to mention a casual Sunday brunch!)

What I love most about the military parka is its versatility. Not only is it a fashion-forward piece, but it’s also very functional, keeping you warm and dry during the cool, wet fall months.

Outfit Details:

• Military Parka – Target
  • Skinny Denim – Old Navy
  • White Tee – White House | Black Market
  • Smoking Slippers – Sam Edelman
  • Black Studded Bracelet – Ann Taylor
  • Tortoise Shell Watch – Ann Klein

What’s on your must have list for fall?

10 Responses to “Fall Fashion Staple – Military Parka”

1. Beverley October 14, 2013 at 1:22 pm #

Great look! You did good research. Love your accessories too šŸ™‚ xx

2. Beverley October 14, 2013 at 1:35 pm #

Andi, I like to wear little boots in the fall, can you give any tips on what to wear with them and places that have a good selection please šŸ™‚

• allputtogether October 15, 2013 at 10:24 pm #

Hi Beverley – Skinny jeans, leggings and tights are my go to bottoms for little booties. If you choose skinny jeans, the bottom of the pants should either tuck into the boot or just skim the top. Too much of a gap between the top of the boot and your pants will look odd! My favorite place for boots is Lord & Taylor (especially their outlet store). They always have great sales and coupons.

3. Jamie October 14, 2013 at 8:57 pm #

I’m experiencing a love affair with blazers. I now own 6 and still want more! Recently, I found 2 really great ones at Marshall’s and spent probably a bit too much on a great one from Banana Republic (but it has elbow patches!). If anyone knows of where to find more great ones, please let me know :).

• allputtogether October 15, 2013 at 10:15 pm #

I LOVE blazers too! A few of the fashion bloggers I follow have recently been raving about Target’s selection. Some of my favorites are from Zara – if you’re ever in a city that has one, make sure to stop there!

4. Jules October 18, 2013 at 6:59 pm #

Love the military-inspired look when it’s done right! Very cute!

xoxo,

Jules of Canines & Couture

5. Kate October 20, 2013 at 8:15 pm #

I love your Parka! I have totally been searching for the perfect Parka, but haven’t been to Target yet. I think that will definitely have to be my next stop šŸ™‚ I love how it has that orange accent in the zipper lining, soooo cute!

• allputtogether October 20, 2013 at 8:47 pm #

Thanks Kate! The orange accent is my favorite part too!