Best of the Week

3 Jan

best-of-the-week-1Photo credit: Aleks G (Own work) [CC-BY-SA-3.0], via Wikimedia Commons

Happy Friday everyone! Below are some great reads and life tid bits from the week.

• Pretty sure I went through all of these – 15 Stages of Finding Out Your Gluten Free P.S. I’ve been gluten free for one year now!
  • Purchased this awesome jacket from anthropologie in purple. I can’t wait to wear it with my leopard shoes!
  • Can hardly control my excitement for Season 4 of Downton Abbey which begins this Sunday. I still can’t believe I met the actor who plays Jimmy when I was in London last month. Check out the picture here.
  • Plan to start 2014 fresh by clearing all the clutter. I plan on trying some of these great tips.
  • Celebrated the New Year in style as a bridesmaid in my dear friend Holly’s wedding. Congrats again lady – you looked beautiful!
  • Here are 30 Reasons to Get Excited for 2014 – I can’t wait for the film adaption of the book Gone Girl!
  • My latest post on the Abe’s Market blog: Did you know that eating healthy costs an extra $1.50/day? Here are three ways to make it work.
  • And the best part of the week – MSU won the Rose Bowl! So proud to be a Spartan.

If you haven’t already, make sure to check out my Best of 2013 DIY Projects post for some fun weekend craft ideas.

8 Responses to “Best of the Week”

1. Beverley January 3, 2014 at 11:51 am #

Oooh I love that jacket! It looks great in ivory too! Anthropologie have some beautiful clothes, etc. thanks for sharing so much, you have great style!
    Have a wonderful day and enjoy the evening.
    B xx

• allputtogether January 3, 2014 at 1:04 pm #

It was so hard to choose between the ivory and purple, however in the end, the ivory just matched my pale skin to much… šŸ˜‰

2. Laura January 3, 2014 at 4:59 pm #

I Love the jacket too. I am also going to move again and will try and follow the tips that you shared. I am looking forward to following your blog in 2014!!! How about a few Downton Abbey themed DIY?

• allputtogether January 3, 2014 at 5:11 pm #

I love the Downton DIY idea! Challenge accepted.

3. Kate January 4, 2014 at 4:36 pm #

I am so excited for the Gone Girl movie! I finally got around to reading the book in December. I am a little surprised that Ben Afflack is playing Nick, but I think the girl who is playing Amy looks exactly how I pictured her. Congrats on MSU winning the Rose Bowl, it has been pretty embarrassing being a Badger girl the past three years. šŸ™‚

• allputtogether January 4, 2014 at 5:46 pm #

I totally agree about the woman playing Amy; totally how I pictured her. Ben Affleck – not so much. Usually it’s embarrassing to be an MSU alum too, but they really pulled it off this year!

4. Laura January 7, 2014 at 6:47 pm #

Okay, you got me excited for 2014 and I really like the best of the week idea. Nice!!!

• allputtogether January 7, 2014 at 7:56 pm #

Thanks! I’m a voracious reader so it seemed natural to do a roundup of the interesting things I’ve read each week.