DIY Plastic Wine Tags

27 Jan

Move over Pinterest – I have a new favorite site for DIY craft inspiration: craftgawker. I have a few pet peeves with Pinterest – duplicate content, it’s visually chaotic and there are A LOT of junk pins. Enter craftgawker – the site is curated, a project can only be uploaded once, and all the images are the same size.

It was during one of my daily visits to craftgawker that I read about shrink plastic. If you have kids, then you have probably used the stuff. However, did you know that you can get blank sheets to write and draw on? As soon as I discovered this I knew I wanted to use the plastic to make some inexpensive wine tags. This craft is really easy, requiring just a few supplies (all found at your local craft store) and an oven. And the best part, watching the plastic shrink. It’s kinda amazing.

Supplies:

If you ask anyone, they will tell you I have terrible handwriting. Like little kid handwriting. You should see my signature – I should have been a doctor. If you suffer from poor penmanship like me, then I suggest printing out a few sayings in advance. Then you can simply place the paper under the shrink plastic and trace the letters. The opportunities are endless, you can print out all sort of designs, phrases or objects and simply trace them for a professional and artistic look. Download my tag sayings here.

These wine tags are a great and inexpensive alternative to traditional wine gift bags. Make a few in advance and then slip them on a bottle of wine when you need a quick and easy hostess gift. These tags would also look great on a gift box. What do you think?

*DISCLOSURE: I may be an affiliate for products that I recommend. If you purchase those items through my links I will earn a commission.

10 Responses to “DIY Plastic Wine Tags”

1. Beverley January 27, 2014 at 10:05 am #

Great idea, they look so neat! X

• allputtogether January 27, 2014 at 1:02 pm #

Thanks! They are so easy to make too!

2. Cyndi January 27, 2014 at 12:50 pm #

I just checked out craft gawker and dwell gawker thank you for the pointer. Cute tags, I wonder if you could make wine glass charms as well? Fun.

• allputtogether January 27, 2014 at 1:04 pm #

That’s a great idea! The opportunities are really endless. I’m such a fan of shrink plastic now! You’ll love all the gawker sites. They are also great blog traffic generators, so make your to submit your original content.

3. Laura January 27, 2014 at 11:08 pm #

Love these and since I live in wine country it’s perfect for decorating my favorite bottles to give as gifts. Thanks for recommending the new site.

• allputtogether January 28, 2014 at 1:28 pm #

You’ll love craftgawker! It has so many great projects to keep you busy.

4. Kate January 28, 2014 at 8:39 pm #

oh so cute!!!! I totally need to check out craftgawker. I love Pinterest but I definitely agree that the content is so scrambled and there are so many repeats of everything. I definitely need to make these wine tags!

• allputtogether January 28, 2014 at 9:27 pm #

Thanks! You will love craftgawker! It’s much more visually appealing.

1. How to Host a Pinterest Craft Party | allputtogether - January 29, 2014

[…] DIY Shrink Plastic Wine Tags (mine) […]

2. Best of the Week | allputtogether - January 31, 2014

[…] you check out my two posts from the week – DIY Plastic Wine Tags and How to Host a Pinterest Craft […]