How to Host a Pinterest Craft Party

29 Jan

Last weekend I hosted my very first Pinterest craft party! What is a Pinterest craft party you ask? Basically it’s an excuse to have your best girlfriends over for a crafting extravaganza. With food. And booze, well in our case mimosas. We all have hundreds of interesting craft projects pinned to our Pinterest boards, however most are never completed. Sometimes we need an excuse to break out the glue gun and make something fabulous.

For my party – I chose two crafts from Pinterest and one created by me. Here are links to the tutorials:

DIY Shrink Plastic Wine Tags (mine)

DIY Painted Utensils

DIY Wine Cork Coasters

Interested in hosting your very own Pinterest party? Here are some tips:

• Choose crafts that are inexpensive, quick to complete and useful. Everyone’s decor is different, so make sure the craft is generic enough to appeal to the masses.
  • Ask your guests to bring extra tools. I only had two glue guns, so I asked my guests to each bring one.
  • Lay a protective cover on your crafting surface, especially if it’s your dining room table. I chose craft paper.
  • Organize and assemble all crafting supplies prior to your party. I had my husband cut 100 corks!
  • Serve something quick and easy to make/eat. Better yet, cater in your meal. I served a cobb salad and crusty bread.

Like any party, expenses can add up quickly, so if your budget is small, ask your guests to either bring their own supplies or to donate $10 bucks to the cause. Or, you could ask another friend or two to host the party with you.

Have you ever attended/hosted a Pinterest craft party? I definitely plan to do it again. It was so much fun!

9 Responses to “How to Host a Pinterest Craft Party”

1. Cyndi January 29, 2014 at 11:14 am #

Sounds like fun Andi! My friends and I have done a couple of wrap bracelet making parties – this reminds me we need to do another!

• allputtogether January 29, 2014 at 1:31 pm #

That sounds so fun! Maybe I should do that for my next party! 🙂

2. Jamie January 29, 2014 at 1:52 pm #

I hope you host another one! I was so sorry to get the flu that morning and have to cancel :(. I was so excited for it. It looks like you had a great time and made some really cute crafts!

• allputtogether January 29, 2014 at 2:01 pm #

It was such a bummer you couldn’t come! Yes, I’m totally going to host another one. I’m always looking for an excuse to craft with some ladies!

3. Melissa January 29, 2014 at 1:56 pm #

I had so much fun!! Thank you Andi (and James) for including me in your Pinterest party.

4. Kristin March 22, 2014 at 3:21 am #

I had a blast crafting with you ladies. With a busy family schedule, I hadn’t done any real crafting in far too long (unless you count helping the kids with school projects). We do a TON of cooking and I’ve enjoyed whipping out my fancy new cork trivet during meals, though I doubt my husband and the boys give it a second glance. 🙂

• allputtogether March 24, 2014 at 6:31 pm #

I’m so glad you could make it! I hope to have another party at the end of the year!

1. Best of the Week | allputtogether - January 31, 2014

[…] Did you check out my two posts from the week – DIY Plastic Wine Tags and How to Host a Pinterest Craft Party? […]