Last weekend I hosted my very first Pinterest craft party! What is a Pinterest craft party you ask? Basically it’s an excuse to have your best girlfriends over for a crafting extravaganza. With food. And booze, well in our case mimosas. We all have hundreds of interesting craft projects pinned to our Pinterest boards, however most are never completed. Sometimes we need an excuse to break out the glue gun and make something fabulous.
For my party – I chose two crafts from Pinterest and one created by me. Here are links to the tutorials:
Interested in hosting your very own Pinterest party? Here are some tips:
- Choose crafts that are inexpensive, quick to complete and useful. Everyone’s decor is different, so make sure the craft is generic enough to appeal to the masses.
- Ask your guests to bring extra tools. I only had two glue guns, so I asked my guests to each bring one.
- Lay a protective cover on your crafting surface, especially if it’s your dining room table. I chose craft paper.
- Organize and assemble all crafting supplies prior to your party. I had my husband cut 100 corks!
- Serve something quick and easy to make/eat. Better yet, cater in your meal. I served a cobb salad and crusty bread.
Like any party, expenses can add up quickly, so if your budget is small, ask your guests to either bring their own supplies or to donate $10 bucks to the cause. Or, you could ask another friend or two to host the party with you.
Have you ever attended/hosted a Pinterest craft party? I definitely plan to do it again. It was so much fun!