Best of the Week

28 Feb

via picjumbo

Happy Friday everyone! Below are some great reads and life tidbits from the week.

• Spent all last weekend migrating my blog from WordPress.com to Host Gator. A complete nightmare, yet totally necessary for the growth of this blog. Lots of great site changes to come in the next few weeks.
  • Attended a conference in NYC for my day job. During some free time I managed to check an item off my bucket list: shop at Mood!!
  • Thrilled all my TV shows are back on this week (I’ve missed you Scandal!!). Sad to see another season of Downton Abbey come to a close!
  • How to file taxes as a blogger
  • These prints from me&him&you are amazing!
  • These adorable shamrock button covers are getting me excited for St. Patty’s Day!
  • Love this free “Makers Gonna Make” printable
  • For those of you looking to kick sugar to the curb, here are some tips for reducing your intake.
  • This felt succulent tutorial is too cute for words.

When you get a moment, make sure to check out this week’s post: Now Trending – Pointy Toe Flats.

xoxo,
Blog-Signature

7 Responses to “Best of the Week”

1. Justynn @ Creative Life Antics February 28, 2014 at 12:15 pm #

Interested in how you decided on host gator and how your move went if you have any suggestions.

I have to do that myself and I’ve been putting it off like crazy. Too scared to do it I guess.

• allputtogether February 28, 2014 at 1:29 pm #

I took a webdesign class not that long ago and the teacher recommended both Host Gator and Bluehost. I chose Gator because I thought they would transfer my site for free, however it wasn’t really the case. They were helpful, but I had to do most of the work myself. It really was a nightmare. Luckily I know someone in IT that helped in a few dire moments. The hardest parts were rebuilding my theme from scratch (with limited CSS knowledge) and finding all plugins I was used to on WordPress.com. All that negativity aside, it was a good decision. I have so much more control now and realized that my traffic was actually much higher than I thought (it pays to have Google Analytics). If you start the process and get stuck, let me know and I might be able to help!

2. Cyndi March 1, 2014 at 7:31 pm #

I’m glad the bulk of your “move” is behind you…I always look forward to your Best of the Week. Those felt succulents might just be up my alley since I usually have a black thumb!

• allputtogether March 1, 2014 at 9:36 pm #

Thanks Cyndi, I’m glad you enjoy my weekly round-up!

3. Kate March 4, 2014 at 1:41 pm #

I am currently on WordPress but I’ve been pondering at the idea of switching hosts. My coworker uses Blogger because she said it was easier for her to monetize on versus WordPress. How do you like Gator? I’ve never heard of it before.

• allputtogether March 5, 2014 at 1:03 pm #

Yes, if you have a free wordpress.com blog you can’t monetize it. That’s why I decided to finally sign up for hosting. The switch was a nightmare, but now that I’m settled on a Host Gator server, I’m thrilled with how things are going. My traffic is way up, probably because of all the SEO I’m now able to do. Plus being able to use plugins is a huge bonus. Now I just need to figure out ad networks, etc.

4. Laura March 5, 2014 at 1:09 pm #

Thanks Andi for another great idea. I love the prints from me&him&you. I’m going to put them in my husband’s office. It saves me so much time looking for just the right prints.